Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Exploration

In keeping with the theme of the blog, creative explorations, I thought I would post about an exploration I had recently. I'm pretty sure it does not fall under the creative category, but definitely an exploration. I took my husband to the airport, which I have been to a hundred times, on a clear beautiful dark morning, 5:00 A.M. to be exact. After I dropped him off, I noticed some serious lightening followed by some serious rain, so intense that I could not see the road well. Somehow, I took a wrong exit and could not figure out where I was. I have only lived in this city all my life so it is certainly understandable. I finally recognized an exit, or at least I thought so. After driving about four blocks, I realized I was in the  part of town that is often the subject of our local evening news. I finally found a highway and eventually figured out how to get home. What should have taken me 30 minutes, took me over an hour. I am blaming it on waking up at four in the morning and driving in blinding rain. Yep, I am.
On a more creative note, I have just finished about thirty sketches for a new project and I'm now painting seven drawings for my portfolio. I will post some pictures of everything soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment