Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mother/daughter writers and illustrators

So busy with projects and preparing for school visits, I have not taken the time to blog lately.  Today, I took a little break to tackle a house project, replacing grout that had cracked in one of the bathrooms.  I have never done this before, but I actually enjoyed mixing and applying it. It reminded me of clay.  The only part I did not like so much was the clean up.  I have learned through the years, though, that everything in life has the less enjoyable parts, so the best thing is to just move forward, knowing it is simply all part of the job.  I took another break and read this article about a mother and daughter who both write and illustrate children's books.  Refreshing!  The article, that is, not the grout.
Shirley Hughes and Clara Vulliamy  

No comments:

Post a Comment